Congregation Raim Ahuvim

The Austro-Hungarian Chevra in Philadelphia
Founded 1892

Welcome!
Congregation Raim Ahuvim is one of Philadelphia’s oldest Orthodox Shuls, dating back to 1892.  It was founded by a group of Austro-Hungarian immigrants in the Society Hill section of the city.  After several moves, the Shul is now located in Overbrook Farms, bordering Wynnefield.  Our membership today consists of Jews of all stripes, but we daven Nusach Sefard, in accordance with the tradition of the Shul. Recently, the Shul went through a period of upheaval due to a fire on June 22nd 2011, resulting in a need for massive renovations. 

 

Davening Times


Sunday Shacharis:   8:00 AM

For info on Shabbos davening please call 215-473-4502

Updates

We mourn with great sorrow the death of our beloved, devoted members Herbert Friedman, Naftoli Gorin, Marvin Gornish, and Albert Stein.  They were all wholeheartedly committed to the welfare and flourishing of the shul, and they will be very sorely missed.  May we all derive strength from their outstanding examples, and work toward and witness the growth of the shul.

Photo courtesy of Daniel Gorin-

Address: 5854 Drexel Road  |  Phone: (215) 473-4502

Home | Schedules | Rabbi | Board | History | Fire 6/22/11 | Donate | Mikvah | Real Estate | Directions |  Contact us-